Friday, October 23, 2009

Me @ Templar Church, London

Well for starters, this was the only thing I thought was worth visiting in London !!!!

Yes, this is the same church where Sir Isaac Newton is laid to rest. Lol thats what I thought, after reading the Da Vinci Code. And, that is why I dragged my whole family to this place, right in the heart of London. Too bad it was some holiday and the church was closed. Nonetheless I was able to take this pic for my memoirs :P .

And, I think Newton, is not buried here. In fact no Templar Knights were buried here, it only has their effigies. So whatever be the history behind it, I think it was cool. I like the area surrounding the church, the narrow alleys, and medieval architecture reminded me of Uppali (upper) Pole and Nichali (Lower) Pole area of my native town Banswara, Lol, I know its a bizarre comparison, but that's how I felt.

Here is the pic of the church as taken from this site, to prove to you naysayers that I am not bluffing and I really went to the Templar Church, lol I wonder how many of you really care if I am lying or not, but anyways, this adds to my credibility. The site is
http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/london-temple-church and it has pretty cool pictures.



So here is the pic, in which the Knight Templar of the age, keeper of the Holy Grail graced the Templar church. Sorry, I went a little overboard, but pun intended, if Dan Brown could create a fiction then why not I, and of course in my creation who else would be the protagonist but me :). Don't you think the church seems radiant now, as its self-proclaimed custodian has glorified it finally.

No comments: